Are you looking for meaningful work with a close-knit team of mobile and web developers? We’d love to have you at Twin Sun! We’re looking for a software developer who enjoys learning new skills and helping their fellow team members.
Twin Sun is a Nashville-based app development agency striving to bring humanity to software. We do what’s right by our employees by treating them like the responsible adults they are. We do what’s right by our clients by setting clear expectations and consistently delivering great work. If this describes your approach to work, we want to work with you.
You will work on meaningful projects with good people. Here are some things we do:
- support the mental health needs of the military community
- unlock smart door locks with your phone
- support at-risk teens in tribal communities
- monitor the operating performance of IoT-connected industrial devices
- build fun, useful apps for digital planners, social media, and more
You choose when and where you work. We collaborate and socialize via Discord, and have a Nashville office near Music Row that you are free to use at your discretion.
Technology is a big part of our job, but our focus on treating people well is what keeps everyone around. We will appreciate the experience you bring to the table, and will value your opinion on everything from the tools we use to how we work.
We use best-in-class tools to build high-quality mobile and web apps. Due to the nature of our work, we sometimes use unfamiliar frameworks on pre-existing projects. Constant work in any one framework is not guaranteed. However, we utilize the following technologies for the majority of our work:
- Amazon Web Services (CloudWatch, ElastiCache, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.)
- Flutter (Android, iOS)
- Ruby on Rails (PostgreSQL, RSpec, Stimulus)
While prior experience with these technologies is nice-to-have, it is not required. If you are smart and can figure things out, we want to hire you.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Formal or informal experience in software development
We hire and train for any experience level, but expect you to already be comfortable using your preferred programming language (arrays, loops, conditionals, common functions, and general object-oriented programming concepts).
- Retirement plan with a 3% contribution match
- 13 paid holidays
- Liberal paid time off policy (we treat you like an adult)
- Flexible work hours (you set your own schedule)
- Remote-centric team (voice channels, chat, recorded meetings)
- Nashville office for those who prefer in-person collaboration
- Family-friendly company parties