At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
**This role will be Hybrid (3 days onsite/2 days remote) after 90 days of employment.
The Software Developer – Oracle Applications EDI Developer, is a position in the Oracle Applications team. This team is responsible for the support, enhancement and implementation of Oracle Applications at STERIS.
The Software Developer – Oracle will be responsible for maintaining and supporting EDI and corresponding oracle modules. Specifically, this position will be responsible for the Oracle EDI. There will be interaction with business users to understand issues, gather requirements, coordinate testing and implement solutions.
Support of the EDI & oracle modules would include resolving issues reported by users. Resolution process will include, but not limited to, investigating known bugs on software vendor support website, creating tickets or service requests with software vendor, developing scripts to fix data issues, making program changes, testing fixes and applying changes to production.
This position will work on development requests and projects. This position will be expected to take complete responsibility for significant software development tasks. Development tasks will include, but not limited to, interacting with business to gather requirements, reviewing trading partner specifications, designing and developing technical solutions, ,unit testing programs, user testing, documentation and implementation. Requests involve development of new EDI maps, reports, alerts, interfaces and data conversion programs.
The position also requires staying abreast with changes in technology, programming languages, and software development tools. Staying up to date on changes and upgrades to EDI formats & Oracle Applications will also be required.
Participation in team and / or project meetings, to schedule work and discuss status, will be required. Interaction with others in the Oracle Application team or another team will also be required.
Oracle Application/EDI Support – 30 Percent
- Monitors EDI interfaces and critical programs in production systems for errors, performance and any other abnormality
- Provides first level support for EDI interfaces and assigned Oracle Applications modules.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems reported by users of these modules and applications.
- Investigates issues using vendor support website(s).
- Creates tickets or service requests with software vendor.
- Investigates setup or configuration changes required in Oracle Applications
- Works with Business Process Owner(s) to test and make changes to Oracle Applications setup or configurations to resolve issues
- Works with other team members, DBA team and other teams to resolve issues
Duties – cont’d
Oracle Applications/EDI Development – 70 Percent
- Develops new programs or makes changes to existing programs, according to business requirements. This will be in the areas of, but not limited to:
- Data Conversion
- Does performance tuning of programs, screens and other objects when performance issues are reported
- Writes technical documentation and user manuals
- Participates in the validation process if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in Oracle Applications or other related ERP applications
- Experience in following Oracle modules preferred
- E-Commerce Gateway
- Order Management
- Customer Master
- Proficient in Oracle Development Tools
- Knowledge in Oracle Applications – Application Object Library
- Development experience in Oracle Applications environment – Application Object Library
- Development experience in Oracle RDBMS
- Experience in development in Unix environment
- Experience in interfaces with other applications using flat file transfers or database links.
- Experience in the use of Middleware will be preferred.
- Experience in Oracle Applications implementation or upgrades will be preferred
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Req ID: 33078
Job Category: Information Technology
Mentor, OH, US, 44060