Kennedy Space Center, FL
Software Developer II
KENNEDY SPACE CENTER-FL017
ASRC Federal Data Solutions is seeking a Software Developer II to support the Kennedy Infrastructure, Applications and Communications Contract (KIAC) Information Systems Development team at Kennedy Space Center. The team supports a large and varied application portfolio and performs custom software development. New development projects use the latest technologies such as ASP.NET MVC, Angular, Entity Framework, etc. with MS Visual Studio and SQL Server to develop custom software solutions for NASA. The team also supports large enterprise systems such as WordPress. In this role, you can expect assignments to be broad in nature, complex and requiring originality and ingenuity. The development teams utilize the Agile Scrum methodology and currently work remotely. This structure requires strong communication skills and the ability to work seamlessly within a team construct. Current role is for WordPress administration, development, and management. Interested in candidates with experience or interest in .NET/Angular or SharePoint development as well.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Developer will be expected to perform the following types of tasks:
- Manage 3 WordPress Multisite Network installations (Development, Test and Production). Includes configuration, plug-ins, patching, access controls.
- Provide insight and strategy to direction of growth/change for WordPress implementation.
- Create WordPress sites in concordance with NASA standards and customer requirements for use by team and customers.
- Maintain WordPress sites and content as required.
- Work as part of a team and participate in sprint processes
- Update user story status and communicate with Product Owner on a regular basis
- Provide proposal input and estimates for new sites, new development, or product implementation
- Research products, technologies and provide feedback to team and management
- Troubleshoot complex issues with System Administrators, Database Administrators, and other personnel to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Work independently when required
- Excellent communication skills both face-to-face and using remote technologies are required
BS/BA +3 years of application development experience. Equivalent education/experience is applicable.
- Experience with WordPress Multisite Network administration
- Experience with plug-in management, site creation, and custom development in WordPress
- Experience with use of source control
Additional preferred experience or skills include:
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of products including JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket as well as Octopus Deploy or similar
- Experience and knowledge of ASP.NET including the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
- Experience developing with Entity Framework and jQuery
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Unit Testing and NUNIT/JUNIT or similar tool
- Experience with database design and developing stored procedures (TSQL) SQL Server
- Experience or interest in SharePoint custom development
Kennedy Space Center
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not effective. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). ASRC Federal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.