Software Developer II
Charleston – SC
Software development for United States Marine Corps Communication Systems (UCS)
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides software development, installation, integration, testing, integration, and maintenance for UCS systems while maintaining version control
- Analyzes system architectures in order to recommend, create, develop, test, and implement hardware and software enhancements, additional features and functionality, functional performance, and process improvements
- Develops automated test and installation scripts and support of acceptance testing of software deliverables
- Conducts research and development supporting mission-focused emerging technologies that may provide benefit to the USMC end-users
- Develops and maintains source code within an agile development environment
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
At least three years of direct, hands-on experience providing code development within Windows and/or Red Hat environments to the Department of Defense in five or more of the following ten areas:
- Development of code in C++
- Development of Code in Python
- Bash or PowerShell Scripting
- Software Development environments such as Visual Studio Enterprise, Jira, BitBucket, Confluence, Git
- Agile software development methodology
- Resolution of bugs in source code
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of developed code through peer review and functional testing
- Use of vendor-provided Software Development Kits (SDK) to customize 3rd part software
- Creation of Application Programming Interfaces (API) and modification of 3rd party vendor APIs
- Development of scripts in support of automating testing or software installs
At a minimum, Security+ CE certification is required.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
Functional knowledge with any of the following:
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Message Brokers
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE SECRET LEVEL
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Scientific Research Corporation