TASC Technical Services
$62.00 per hour
Software Developer 2
Duration: Long Term
Rate: Up to $62.00/hr BOE (All hours paid at straight time rate)
Peraton is seeking a Software Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Mid-to-Senior level Java Full Stack Developer with agile methodology experience to join a team that supports web-based loan processing financial applications. In this role, you must be a high performing individual contributor to develop new processes, capabilities and enhancements while also working closely with other project team members (other developers, testers, stakeholder community) to meet the on-time demands for the application development of multiple web-based applications that are both internal and external facing. The successful candidate will be developing new features and supporting a production application. The successful candidate must have experience with MS SQL Server/Database, and knowledge with other popular Java frameworks like Java Server Faces (JSF), Struts, Spring MVC, GWT (Google Web Toolkit), Hibernate, and EJB among others as needed. The successful candidate will be developing new features and supporting a production application. The developer will work in conjunction with other government and contract developers to assist in all facets of development, enhancements and O&M for the application. O&M support will include, but is not limited to, the gathering, analysis, and development of enhancement specifications/requirements provided by the system owner. The developer may be tasked with supporting all aspects of the project to include all phases of life cycle development. This person will need to possess strong user interface skills using Java Script application development.
Most of the work will be doing this conversion. The candidate must be able to work in an Agile environment and work in cross functional teams to continuous deliver a quality product in a short amount of time.
Must be able to communicate with business owners and development team to analyze, design and document application enhancements. Will also provide production or testing support to the business owners and troubleshoot issues and questions.
Ideally could take the lead on implementing changes identified either by the business owners or the enterprise architecture group.
Actively participate in code reviews and be able to mentor team members as needed.
Work effectively in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
Future work may require knowledge of AWS cloud concepts.
Prior or current experience with the USDA Farm Production and Conversation (FPAC) Business Unit is a strong plus.
Location: Remote/Teleworking will be considered for the right person Clearance: Public Trust Current Position location: Kansas City, Kansas Years of Experience: 10 years
Responsibilities – daily, monthly, overall, including technical, administrative and managerial
- Analyzes, develops, tests and maintains application software and documentation for web based financial applications.
- Implement techniques for software development or modification.
- Serves as a senior software developer on an agile team operating in the SAFe Agile methodology.
- Collaborates with business product owners and other IT staff on an Agile team to prioritize, schedule, develop, test and implement software enhancements, bug fixes and maintenance fixes.
- Performs and documents root cause analysis on production software systems.
- Work closely with business and other key stakeholders to gather and understand technical problems to identify solutions
- Work and collaborate effectively in a team setting – take direction, proactively seek out information, and build productive working relationships across teams.
- Define software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance, and optimal performance
- Generate project basis of estimates for functional and non-functional requirements (e.g., performance, scalability, sustainability and maintainability)
- Write design documentation for system components, organizing review and/or release of documentation as required
- Create and maintain documentation of stakeholder needs, visualizations, stories, and other sources of requirements information for functional and non-functional requirements
Qualifications – (i.e. education, experience, certifications, years of knowledge by application/technology, etc..) Required qualifications:
- HS 14-16, BS 10-12, MS 8-10, Phd 5-7 (straight from an ICIMS SR Developer post)
- NOTE Ideally, I think minimum of 10 years Java experience is good. Usually, we get 6 and that typically is just not enough.
- Java Programming Certification
- IT experience with:
- Java/J2EE, Struts and Spring MVC and web development
- Ability to identify technical requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical, decision-making, time management and customer service skills.
- Experience using the SAFe Agile methodology.
- Desire to understand the business behind the application.
- Must be able to achieve a public trust designation.
- Additional experience with the following is a plus:
- Web Services/REST/SOAP
- AWS Cloud
- Angular JS
- Accessibility best practices (Section 508)
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery) tools such as Jenkins
- Control-M knowledge
- Familiarity with financial based applications
- SAFe Agile Certification
- AWS Cloud Certification
Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time
TASC Technical Services