Partner Software, Inc. is a software development company that provides map-based software solutions to the utility industry. We strive to create effective, user-friendly products that reduce the time and cost of operations for our clients. In this manner, our software touches millions of lives every day.
Our Software Development Internship program will provide a valuable opportunity to work directly with our research and development team on real projects bringing real benefits to real customers.
We have a great team and a fun environment that encourages growth and the sharing of knowledge. You will work as a part-time member of a small team developing solutions for both our customers and other departments within our organization.
What your impact will be:
- Use Java to automate both internal and external processes
- Participate in Agile/Scrum process
- Create technical documentation for test plans
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and some experience with Java – Knowledge and understanding of OOP
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
What will make you stand out:
- Technology: Java, SQL
- Tools: Slack, SVN, Jira
- Personal Skills: Good communicator, Team oriented, Enjoys learning
What we offer:
- This is a part time position up to 25 hrs per week
- Flexible work environment
- Challenging opportunity to develop skills
Partner Software originated within Exploration Resources, a computing and environmental monitoring services company. The Partner group developed a map viewer able to integrate maps from multiple vendors into a seamless single-scale display. In 1997, Partner Software began selling its Map Viewer. Our first customer, GreyStone Power Corporation, also became our co-developer for “Staking Partner”, the initial field tool operating within our unified Map Viewer.
From these humble beginnings, the Partner map viewer evolved into a platform for map-based applications of all kinds. As an enterprise-class product, it now integrates with applications from other vendors including connectivity modeling, billing and customer service, outage management, engineering, and many others. Created for viewing different map file formats simultaneously, the Map Viewer now provides a simple, unified interface for a sophisticated suite of software.
Now more than 190 utilities that provide power to more than 4.9 million customers use Partner Software.