At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website: . Criterion Systems is a Military/Veteran Friendly Company therefore we encourage Veterans to apply.
We are seeking a mission-focused Software Developer with Python experience to support and contribute to our government customer’s success in Denver, Colorado!
***ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED***
This position is on a program that is at the forefront of developing and operating state-of-the-art Geospatial Intelligence analysis software. The team builds and maintains an exceptionally robust platform enabling users to address challenging real-world problems by converting disparate data into actionable information. They work directly with operational users to design, develop, and maintain capabilities that empower analysts to create actionable intelligence from the massive volumes of Geospatial Intelligence data to give our intel and combat organizations the decision advantage over our near-peer adversaries.
As Software Developer, you will be working closely with other developers and teams to establish a consolidated data analytics environment utilizing COTS and FOSS software. You will collaborate on designing, developing, and implementing custom data analytic solutions to ingest and exploit new and existing data sources to enable big data analytics.
Required Experience, Education, Skills & Technologies
- An active TS/SCI security clearance, preferably with CI polygraph
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of software architecture, design, development, code, and test experience
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent experience in a related field in lieu of a degree
- Experience using Python-based technologies to develop enterprise systems
- Experience using rapid prototyping and Agile based software development methodologies
- Experience designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to mission problems
- Experience developing innovative analytical solutions
- Experience integrating multiple applications
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
Preferred Experience, Education, Skills & Technologies
- AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms/databases like ElasticSearch
- Experience with development in microservice based architectures
- Experience with analytic applications and technologies (to include data storage and retrieval, data analytics and visualization, and cloud-based technologies)
- Experience with Big Data Processing and cloud-based platforms: ETL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch for Hadoop, structured data, SQL schemas and queries, Databricks, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with Geospatial data and technologies
- Experience in Tableau, Tableau Server, and PowerBI dashboard development
Security Clearance Level
- TS/SCI with an adjudicated CI polygraph or ability to obtain a CI polygraph
- Full-time on-site at a designated facility.
- The projected compensation range for this position is $145,000 – $230,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Criterion Systems considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Tuition/Training Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
Criterion Systems, LLC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any individual’s protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit