Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What’s more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.
Software Developer Senior
Primary role is leading software development and support for the design, integration, test, deployment and sustainment of strategic/tactical mission focused data acquisition, processing and forwarding capabilities supporting National policy and Warfighter decision makers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team to design, develop, and test application software on Windows and/or Linux platforms.
- Develop/enhance/support applications using specified programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python, etc).
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs and assess software reuse.
- Respond to evolving requirements in an agile environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule. Work schedule may be unpredictable and may need to travel on short notice.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Development preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience developing Windows or Unix applications.
- 8+ years’ experience developing programs using, C, C++, Java, Python or other comparable languages.
- Containerization platforms (RedHat Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.) experience strongly desired but not required.
- Signals acquisition, analysis, processing experience strongly desired but not required.
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) experience desired but not required.
- 4 or more years leading projects developing complex software, within a collaborative environment, and employing configuration management.
- Experience implementing software life cycle management (requirements, design, develop, test, validate, deploy).
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS government and non-government locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $145,500 – $184,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.