Genesis10 is currently seeking an IT- Software Developer Specialty 3 Consultant with our client in the financial industry. This role is 100% remote and is a 6 month + contract position.
- Responsible for the provisioning of any IT development, analysis, Information management (DBA), or QA requiring specialized knowledge of a niche technology
- Development – Python
- Working in SAS
- Agile environment – sprints, ceremonies, retro
- Modify existing databases and database management systems
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school degree and Bachelor’s degree in computer science/software engineering/relevant field or equivalent work experience required
- 6-8 years’ experience required
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue
- Knowledge of XML, Java, JSP and other relevant software
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
- SQL – 3+ years
- Strong programmer
- Self-starter, takes the initiative
- Collaborative environment
- Strong developer, able to query, with database background
- SAS- preferred – working knowledge
- HADOOP- nice to have – specifically HDFS, Hive, Impala, and Pyspark
- Python programming and analytical skills nice to have – working knowledge
- Good understanding and scripting knowledge with Unix operating system- preferred
- IT experience with Banking domain or Human Resources is a plus
- Experience in Workday or any other cloud based system is a plus
- Exposure to data analytics and data science models in Python or any other scripting language is a plus
- Previous Agile experience is a plus
Pay Range: $64.41- $72.41
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every yearin contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.