Caliber Financial Services
Job Title: Software Development Tech Lead
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Software Development Manager
Software Development Tech Lead – Job Summary Responsible source code management and for tracking and monitoring the workload for a team of software developers. The primary responsibilities will be to govern and manage the company source code. Secondary responsibilities will be to manage a team of developer and develop applications. Attention to detail and a commitment to collaborative problem solving and quality product is essential. This position will collaborate with architects, PMs, and BAs which will require great communication. This position will also perform other assignments as required.
Software Development Tech Lead – Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage source code and code branching strategies.
- Track workload for the software development team
- Manage multiple Git repositories
- Manage and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment strategies
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits and utilizes code writing skills to lead by example.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design,
- develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft
- Ensures projects are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other software applications.
- Manages a group of application and systems development teams in multiple locations; directs and prioritizes the workload of staff.
- Makes recommendations on staff salaries; conducts interviews; makes recommendations for new hires and consultants.
- Required to write code to supplement team needs in complicated or necessary situations.
- Provide technical, systematical, or hypothetical prototyping as needed.
Software Development Tech Lead – Supervisory Responsibilities
Directly supervise a team of software developers in the Information Technology Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees while coordinating with human resources; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems related to application development.
Software Development Tech Lead – Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6+ years working in various technical environments including programming experience, preferably in building enterprise web solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience integrating enterprise solutions using Services and/or APIs.
- 2+ years managing Git repositories.
- 2+ years managing work items and continuous integration and deployment on Microsoft’s Azure ADO platform.
- Understanding / Experience in Agile Development a plus.
- Experience with .NET Core
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Software Development Tech Lead – Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience and/or training; minimum of eight (8) years of experience within information technology; 6+ years working in various technical environments including programming experience, preferably in building enterprise web solutions; 3+ years’ experience integrating enterprise solutions using Services and/or APIs. 2+ years managing projects, workflows and Git repositories using Azure DevOps.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Caliber Financial Services