Precision Planting is an innovative company that is changing the agriculture industry in remarkable ways. In only twenty years, we have helped redefine agriculture in the US and globally. Our products make growers more productive, increase yields, current agricultural practices more sustainable, and reduce the costs to feed a growing world. Precision Planting is growing rapidly and has many new products and business opportunities it is pursuing to continue that growth. We are entrepreneurial in our DNA, fast-paced in our actions, and value hard work, innovative thinking, open communications, and teamwork. If you share these values, then we might be the right place for you to contribute, grow and succeed in your career.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer to join our product development team. In this role, you will be developing computer vision related software as a part of our next generation of products to help farmers across the world.
What would I be doing?
- Using computer vision for detection of agronomic features as sensor input for machine control.
- Working with the software team to architect optimized software in a way that maximizes classification performance while achieving efficient processing performance.
- Work with systems engineers to develop sensing application products and features that achieve desired detection performance in real-world challenging environments.
What must I have?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in C++, Python.
- Experience in developing real time embedded software and systems.
- Ability to work independently and high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and experience being a flexible team player.
- Passion and tenacity to solve difficult problems in a highly functioning, fast paced team environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What other specific skills & experiences would be good for me to have?
- 3+ years developing algorithms and product solutions through software and embedded systems design.
- 3+ years of software development experience in a compiled language, such as Go, Java, or C/C++.
- Experience developing machine learning based systems and solutions.
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.