Peraton’s has an opportunity for an experienced Software Developer Senior
The position is a remote opportunity. Must be U.S. Citizen and requires an active/current fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Support the development and/or sustainment of a software development environment that covers the entire Software Development Lifecycle using current methodologies to include Continuous Deployment, Agile, and Development Operations (DevOps).
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with cross-functional engineering and development teams in the planning, design, development, and utilization of Cloud-based capabilities for the development, modification, and deployment of commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) software.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, and cross-functional teams to design software and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software testing and deployment to ensure specifications are met.
- Assist the Scrum Master and Scrum Team in providing technical expertise in executing contract deliverables.
- Provide support to the Chief Enterprise Architect, Release Train Engineer, Senior Leadership and the client with regards to software development best practices.
- Support Quality Assurance and Quality Control verification within all applicable phases of software development to assure all actions are completed in accordance with appropriate policy, standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with government Product Owners, cross-functional teams, and client vendors to support rapid integration and interoperability of software.
- Ensure the quality of all services and deliverables across the contract.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and compliance with all government and corporate policies.
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Kanban Framework, and Waterfall.
- Experience with modernization of an IT system or program and transformation to the cloud
- Working knowledge of AWS ecosystem & implement cloud-native software solutions on AWS
- Experience with Cloud technologies, specifically using AWS Services (Microservices, Lambda, SQS/SNS, S3, Cloudwatch , Dynamo DB etc), Git, popular CI/CD tools.
- Passion for CI/CD automation, and DevSecOps practices to increase delivery velocity
- Knowledge and experience working with Relational & NoSQL Databases. (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in full stack development using Java as a core competency
- Experience in developing Web Services / RESTful APIs and API Integration
- Experience using Jira and Confluence; developing user stories and identifying features based on client requirements
- Must be proactive and able to perform in a fast-paced Agile environment providing timely deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences, excellent communication skills
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and creating maintainable, supportable and testable solutions
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with customers, teaming partners and cross-functional teams, resolve customer issues quickly and accurately.
- Contribute to Culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong Problem-solving skills, Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information
- Preferred certification: DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Experience in manipulating XML payloads to conform pre-defined XSD schemas
- AWS Developer Associate Certification
- Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
- Foundation experience with Virtualization/Containerization using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in developing Java applications using the Spring Boot framework
- PKI experience, including digital signature and encryption of sensitive data
Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Range for Posting
Salary Minimum: $57,500
Salary Mid: $115,000
Salary Maximum: $143,800
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.