Additional Location(s): US-MN-Mankato/Rochester; US-TX-Houston
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated and results driven Software Engineer to join our Preventice Solutions R&D team. Preventice Solutions is a leading developer of mobile health solutions and remote monitoring services that connect patients threatened by cardiac arrhythmias. Using insights to create revolutionary monitoring technologies, this tech-enabled, service-based approach can ultimately reduce the cost of care and improve health outcomes. Preventice Solutions’ wearable portfolio includes the PatientCare Platform and BodyGuardian ® family. Join a fast-growing and talented team, as we invest in a best-in-class software solution using best-in-class software practices. The successful candidate will contribute to successful design, implementation, and release of mobile applications.
Your responsibilities will Include:
- Participate in the design, development, and release of mobile applications for Android and iOS
- Work in dedicated, co-located product teams consisting of Product Management, other Software Engineers, System Test and UX Designers
- Develop software with Software Engineers through daily paired programming and practice of Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Incorporate TDD, Agile, Lean, and User Centered Design methodologies to execute on product development, implementation, and operations
- Represent the voice of engineering in team meetings (Standup, IPM – Iteration Planning Meeting, Retrospectives)
- Evolve and maintain a CI/CD pipeline with the goal of achieving a high percentage of test automation
- Create project documentation per quality system requirements
- Use software version control, issue tracking, requirements, and task management tools in day-to-day work
- Collaborate with team members to resolve issues and drive agile and lean best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degrees in relevant fields can contribute towards experience requirements
- 3+ years of mobile app development experience with any of the following – React Native and Java Script, iOS (Objective C or Swift), Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Experience translating Mobile UX designs into implementation
- Experience creating Unit Tests to ensure functionality and quality across releases
- Experience with multi-platform mobile development in React Native
- Experience working with REST APIs and testing tools such as Postman is an advantage
- Experience with automated test frameworks such as Jest and Detox
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Fastlane, Concourse, YAML and Bash scripting. Experience with Azure Pipelines is also relevant.
- Experience with work item tracking tools such as Azure DevOps, JIRA, or Pivotal Tracker
- Bring passion to stay on top of development trends, and tools
- Excellent communication skills to communicate designs to cross-functional audiences
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative, flexible mindset
Requisition ID: 559978
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.