The Software Engineer II is responsible for independently developing and assisting in the design of a product that our customers and associates love. As a Software Engineer II, you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating, deploying, and supporting production applications. In addition, Software Engineer IIs may be involved in configuration, security, resilience, performance tuning and production monitoring.
- 60% Delivery and Execution – Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions; Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met; Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable; Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases; Writes custom code or scripts to do destructive testing to ensure adequate resiliency in production; Program configuration/modification and setup activities on large projects using HD approved methodology; Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- 20% Learning – Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels; Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems
- 20% Plans and Aligns – Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Assists in creating new and better ways for the team to be successful; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically repots to Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- No travel required.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in writing SQL queries against a relational database
- Experience in version control systems
- Experience in an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
- Experience in source code version control
- Experience in Relational or noSQL database technology
- Experience in cloud computing techniques
- Experience in CI/CD tools
- Experience in microservice-based architecture
- Experience with modern debugging and root cause analysis techniques
- Exposure to security frameworks for user and services authorization and authentication
- Exposure to creating and executing unit, functional, destructive and performance tests
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Global Perspective
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
Pay Rate: $170,000 – $90,000