The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-off, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires all candidates to be U.S. Citizens and possess an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with a Polygraph.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequence of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interface.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Serve as the techincal lead of multiple software development teams.
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
Education & Years of Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience for a total of twenty-four (24) years of experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of twenty (20) years of experience as a Software Engineer (SWE) in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.