RFA Engineering ( ) is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to work from our Engineering Center in Eden Prairie, MN. The selected candidate will work with a team of developers to create Power Electronics features for motor controllers, inverters, DC-DC converters and other components commonly used with vehicle electrification applications. We have a highly collaborative work environment that is ideal for those who are motivated to learn and enjoy team based efforts.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with Lead Architects, Systems Engineers and Control Systems subject matter experts to create requirements based on device performance goals and control strategies.
- Work in a structured software development process to design and implement new software features with your team to meet requirements.
- Participate in the Agile Scrum software development sprints with your team.
- Mentor and train junior team members including participation in design reviews and helping the team to meet quality and schedule delivery goals.
- Work with Software Quality Assurance to ensure Test Driven Development goals can be fulfilled.
- Participate in lab activities to correlate and test against performance goals.
- Occasional travel to client facility approximately 3.5 hour drive from our office.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
- Significant development experience with embedded C
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink MBSD or other model-based software development tools
- Significant experience with Real Time Operating Systems, task schedulers and configuring microcontroller peripherals.
- Experience with CAN J1939 or other similar vehicle communication protocols
- Demonstrated experience working in a structured development team
- Experience with electric motor controls, dc/dc converter, grid-tied inverters, energy storage integration and vehicle power management, hybrid or full vehicle electrification, and power electronics hardware design.
- Academic or job experience related to the implementation of control system theory.
- Experience with Python and/or C#
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided product development and engineering services to our clients since 1943. Our primary focus is development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, branch office in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
- Hybrid work environment up to 50% at home
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR