There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ankeny
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software PV&V Engineer – 94462
As a Software PV&V Engineer for John Deere Des Moines Works located in Ankeny, IA, you will develop software test plans, determine critical software features, and perform field and lab tests. In addition, you will:
- Execute or review/approve test specification/test cases for software performance validation.
- Establish and track software test metrics (requirements to test case coverage, test case data, test results, defects found, defect escapes, etc)
- Lead efforts for software test process improvements within Sprayer PV&V
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
- Experience designing, developing, testing, or integrating products that were successfully delivered to production, especially electrical and mechatronic systems.
- Proficiency in the use of test lab equipment, data acquisition, and data analysis tools
- Experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical/software/mechanical issues
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated skills in the clear communication of technical data and project information
- Able and willing to be flexible in work schedule and travel up to 15% domestically
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with on-machine testing at Deere test sites or customer sites.
- Experience with test plan design and test execution
- Experience with J1939 CAN protocol or CAN tools used for logging and analysis of vehicle networks
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification or equivalent.
- Working knowledge in John Deere PV&V systems: Rally, Vision, and NCCA is desired
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Computer Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.