Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world’s original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Sr. Electrification Application Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert. Interfacing with internal and external customers and teams to provide technical product assistance to identify Customer solutions based on Dana’s portfolio of products: driveline systems (transmissions, torque converters, axles, wheel/track drives, and driveshafts); motion systems (winches, hydraulic pumps & motors, gearboxes); electric motors and inverters; software and controls.
Part of the global Customer Solution Engineering team, regionally supporting all Off-Highway customers in the Mining, Material Handling, Construction, Forestry, Agricultural and Specialty Equipment market segments. Candidates for this position may be located in proximity to: Lafayette, IN, Maumee, OH or Novi, MI and must be open to frequent travel to customers and other Dana facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary, single-point technical contact, in conjunction with Sales, with key assigned off-highway customers
- Address technical questions and objections and provide best practices on benchmarking and integration
- Work with our engineering and product teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights – be an advocate for our prospective customers!
- Be a consultative partner to both Sales, Customers, and Product
- Build upon established solution delivery techniques to help drive continuous improvement
- Conduct analysis of machine applications (typically using application software) & define solution proposal
- Work with customers in collecting technical details and experimental data (e.g. driving cycles) to support Dana engineering teams
- Estimate and provide development costs for new applications for Sales to utilize for quotations
- Support PE (Product Engineering) lead in NPD (new product development) with technical customer communications (requirements, update presentations, etc.)
- Communicate customer/market needs for future products to PE & PP (Product Planning)
- Propose new system solutions to improve efficiency or cost of driveline or motion systems
- Actively participate in training opportunities to further develop knowledge and skills
- Strive to improve efficiency and productivity by finding ways/methods to work smarter/faster
- Coordinate and train other regional AEs in the specific product and vehicle expertise, increasing the overall group technical skills/competences
- Support and provide training to OEMs, sales and service people
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer/supplier contacts and internal teams
- Knowledge of Off-Highway market & the related applications, standards & regulations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including customer presentations, project review meetings and status reports
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment, having excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills capable of handling multiple priorities under pressing deadlines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE, BSME, BSCS, MSAgE), or equivalent
- 5 years of diversified experience in design, development engineering, or applications engineering as related to the off-highway, drivetrain/powertrain, or related mechanical industry.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, CAN preferred.
- Experience with CAN, software, and electrification preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.