Are you an experienced Sr iOS Developer looking for an exciting new opportunity? Mango is looking for an expert in the iOS platform to assist in the development of our language learning technology.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their expertise to solve interesting problems and drive new improvements to our language learning products. Your work will directly shape the future of our products, and the future of language learning for our users all over the globe!
You will be part of a core team of product managers, engineers, and linguists working within a fast-growing organization on a mission to create the most effective, engaging and robust language learning software in the world.
If you are a programming expert with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and a love of language, we want to hear from you!
- Design, build and release applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Mentor junior developers
- Proficient with Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and Storyboards
- Have released at least one app to the Apple App Store
- Knowledge of Apple App Store Subscriptions
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Text, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with library dependency managers such as CocoaPods or Package Manager
- Familiarity with Java is a plus
- Knowledge of web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment, and tools such as Travis, Jenkins, etc
- Familiarity with ReactRx, and networking libraries such as Alamofire and Moya
- Cross platform toolkits / frameworks a plus (Flutter, React Native, Ionic)
- BS degree in computer science, math or a scientific field is a plus, but not required
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing engaging language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software uses real-world conversations (in 74 languages and counting!) and cultural insights to share world languages with public library patrons, students, corporate employees, government officials, and learners of all ages.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.