Sr. IT Applications Developer
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate’s qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is being held to establish an Open eligible list to fill current and future vacancies within Auditor-Controller. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59PM (PST) on the day the County’s needs are met. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
NEXT ROUND OF CONSIDERATION WILL TAKE PLACE AFTER SUNDAY, DECEMBER 04,2022
Orange County is a desirable place to live – and is one of the premier employers in the region, as well as the third largest populated County in California. At the County you will find variety, individual opportunity, job satisfaction, and the pleasure of working with colleagues who are dedicated to making a positive difference. You can learn more about the County of Orange by clicking .
The Auditor-Controller Department is committed to serving Orange County by ensuring accountability over public spending, transparency of Taxpayer dollars, and engaging the public in government. We carry out our vision and mission by conducting the Public’s business with the highest ethical and due diligence standards by supporting ethical and responsible financial decisions throughout the County. You can learn more about the Auditor-Controller Department by clicking .
Auditor-Controller seeks an experienced and result-oriented professional to join our Information Technology team. This position serves as a Senior IT Applications Developer and project manager supervising and leading the County’s Financial and Human Resources software development and system support teams. The incumbent will be responsible for development, customizations, management of custom mobile and web applications, software and other projects.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES The ideal candidate will possess three (3+) years of experience with data mining and Oracle database.
College level education or training directly related to the competencies and attributes required of the position may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience at the rate of three semester units or the equivalent, equaling one month of experience and one hour of training equaling one hour of experience. College level education or training beyond a bachelor’s degree, which is directly related to the competencies and attributes required of the position, may be substituted for up to an additional year of required experience at the same rate identified above.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following core competencies:
Technical Knowledge | Technical Experience
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (JAVA, J2EE) and Web Based Programming (.Net, HTML) with emphasis on JAVA.
- Experience with Relational Database (Oracle, SQL).
- Knowledge of Windows/UNIX/AIX scripts.
- Developing software in a full life cycle environment.
- Knowledge of Security Management related to application security.
- Proficient in the use of Visio and WordPress.
- Proficient in the area of XML.
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Suite Programs, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working as a senior or lead team member on a critical application development and implementation project.
- Developing detailed project plans for the implementation of new systems or major application modifications, including responsibility for performing needs analysis, developing requirements, defining resources, and determining timelines for the completion of projects.
- Providing status reports to management.
Leadership | Supervisory
- Leading and team building with a strong desire to coach and mentor others.
- Motivating and persuading individuals and team members to achieve unit objectives.
- Providing direction to users, team members, vendors, and contractors.
Oral | Written Communication Skills
- Working effectively with various levels of organization, including staff, supervisors, and upper-level management.
- Demonstrating strong verbal and written communications skills; writing with excellent grammar skills and articulating ideas in an organized and effective manner.
- Communicating technical and complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Listening effectively to others and shares technical knowledge with others.
Click view the complete classification description including the experience, education, and physical, mental, and environmental requirements.
NOTE: Foreign degrees require an evaluation of U.S. equivalency by an agency that is a member of the
Human Resource Services screens all application materials for minimum and desirable qualifications. After screening, candidates who meet the minimum and desirable qualifications will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All candidates will be notified via email of their status in the process.
Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applications exhibiting qualifications as listed on the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.
Structured Oral Exam (Weighted 100%)
A panel of job knowledge experts will interview and evaluate each candidate’s responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate’s qualifications for the job. This is a competitive process; therefore, candidate responses to the structured questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.
Veterans Employment Preference Policy (VEPP)
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click to review the policy.
Based on the Department’s needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
Please see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with all applicable State or County Public Health Orders, some of which require vaccination and boosting as follows:
- Workers, who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or in a correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and boosted in accordance with applicable state orders. (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason)
- In addition, depending on assignment and COVID-19 Community Level, workers in certain high-risk settings may be required to wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Public Health Orders. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position.
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.
NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with “governmentjobs.com” and “ocgov.com.” If your email address should change, please update your profile at .
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Click for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Sam Apraku at 714-834-3116 or at
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.