This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for leading the design and release of multiple engine component and systems design activities from initial concept through to production while achieving the program milestones set forth in the Polaris Development Process (PDP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Component and system level design ownership, handles multiple engine programs varying from clean sheet to minimal change
- Creates and releases 3D models, detailed drawings and performs analyses to support the above and supervise as well as participate in their release through the release cycle
- Establishes and adapts system/component design schedules from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Leads and participates in design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all stakeholder groups
- Analyzes supplier/manufacturing, test and field issues, recommends possible solutions and drives to closure
- Lead and/or actively participate in peer teams to share and document knowledge and expertise
- Coordinates engineering efforts at supplier locations before, during and after a production launch to ensure specification accuracy and accountability and co-engineer powertrain components
- Creates and maintains DFMEA and/or DRBFM documentation for systems and components
- Coordinates work across multiple global cross functional product teams within (FEA, Supplier Quality) and outside (external design firms) of the Polaris organization.
- Supports run at rates (RARs) at supplier locations
- Coordinates, mentors, and supervises designers and engineers (PT design, CAE FEA, and others) within the powertrain design team
- Heavily involved in leading the product development cycle from a design perspective
- Involved in the powertrain system integration into the chassis
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related design experience in an O.E. Environment (title commensurate with experience); 2+ years minimum with an M.S. degree
- Required-experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package, PTC Creo preferred.
- 5+ years of significant component manufacturing and application experience a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following: Powertrain Design Categories: Engine Architecture, Power Cylinder, Cranktrain, Cylinder Head, Crankcases, Valvetrain, Intake and Exhaust Systems, Fuel Systems, Lubrication System, Starting and Charging Systems, Transmissions and Gears, Bolted Joint Analysis, Performance Development as related to engine design.
- Experience with creation of specifications for system requirements and performance
- Experience in design related processes such as: GD&T, FMEA, DVP&R, DRBFM, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in engine design.
- Advanced understanding of FEA application for interpreting results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills and aptitude for striking a balance between application of academic theory and engineering judgment.
- Good strategic vision and business knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
- High level of people skills, able to work in global team environment.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fast-paced and collaborative office environment
- Travel as needed (Typically less than 10%)
Note: Actual title will be dependent upon candidate experience and competency within Powertrain design.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.