s a Senior Developer, (Pharmacy line of business), you will determine programming requirements for systems. In addition, you will design flexible client-server frameworks. You will also analyze and improve performance of software programs, as well as analyze requirements for data exchanges between application software and other systems.
This role can be 100% remote however must be able to work Eastern Standard Time zone hours.
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years Software Development
- Experience Preferred: Experience working in a retail supply chain environment
- Experience Highly Preferred: Pharmacy domain
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Information Technology
- Candidates MUST be experienced in the following technology stack:
Oracle database * Microsoft SQL Server
- Unix scripting
- Apache httpd
- Java stack traces
- Front End
- .NET MVC
- Design and develop software programs to meet customer and business requirements.
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development and implementation activities to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement technology and process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs.
- Participate in both daylight and off-hour support rotation.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training of existing software engineers.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of the Company’s investment in information technology.
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational and on-the-job training programs as recommended by IT management.
- Communicate well with non-IT personnel and vendors.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Us At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers’ tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.