Staff Electrical Engineer
Application Deadline: 14 February 2023
Department: Hardware Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: SD – San Diego
At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
Summary, Primary Duties, Skills and Experience
The Staff Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and production-release of new instruments. He or she proposes and implements optimal control system architectures, and oversees regulatory compliance qualification of our systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose instrument architectures and control schemes.
- Oversee the design of ultraprecise current and voltage sourcing circuits.
- Propose, design, and implement analog and digital control circuits.
- Drive design projects towards successful approval of regulatory requirements (CE, CSA, and UL, specifically EN61010-1).
- Define, analyze, and optimize analog and digital feedback circuits for stability, precision and EMI immunity.
- Liaise with contract manufacturers and coordinate third party design consultants towards successful completion of design projects.
- Prepare Detail Test Design procedures to validate designs, and support Verification and Validation (V&V) activities.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and process towards successful approvals (CSA, UL, CE)
- Experience at design transfer to production.
- Implementation of EMC / EMI management.
- Knowledge of statistical process control as well as Six Sigma (DFSS) for design validation and optimization.
- Stepper and Servo motor motion control by means of embedded processors.
- Communication control protocol experience required.
- 5-10 years relative experience
- OrCAD, Altium, Allegro or Cadence experience required.
- C# or LabVIEW experience desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Electrical Engineering.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.