RFA Engineering is seeking several growth-oriented entry level to mid-career candidates to be part of our engineering team at our customer’s facility in Dubuque, Iowa. You will work with our experienced engineering staff and our customer’s staff to provide quality engineering support for off-road equipment using state of the art engineering tools.
This position is on-site at John Deere’s world-class engineering and manufacturing center. These are full time positions that are indefinite in duration with opportunity for professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and opportunity within our own organization.
This position allows for remote work but will require 100% on-site support at John Deere Dubuque and or Davenport Works or its’ suppliers at times. Pay will be negotiable based on applicable experience and credentials.
Supplier Development Quality Engineer
A strategic supplier quality engineer will utilize quality tools, process knowledge, and quality system knowledge to validate supplier capability prior to supplied parts entering production. They will also establish trends with suppliers and use these trends to help with sourcing decisions. Trends will also be used to improve critical suppliers’ quality systems.
- Develop suppliers’ quality systems
- Participate in supplier FMEA’s and control plan reviews
- Provide supplier process and industry specific feedback in functional geometry and design reviews
- Resolve issues identified with suppliers through prototype builds
- Travel to and validate supplier readiness prior to starting production
- Drive root cause analysis with the supplier and lead corrective action process
- Manage PPAP submissions, approvals, and engineering deviations
- Assist in issue resolution on complex, commodity specific issues for current production
- Assist in resourcing projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’ degree in a related engineering discipline (Electrical engineering preferred)
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, domestic and/or international
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Understanding of quality systems/tools, including APQP process
- Strengths in facilitation, documentation and leadership
- Experience with GD&T and modeling software
- Project management experience
- Ability to lead without authority
- Ability to convey topics at both a technical and high level effectively
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment
- Harness, sensor, controls, automation, and other electrical experience is a plus
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is engineering of off highway equipment including agricultural and construction equipment, engine and drive train development, consumer, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
RFA Engineering is domestically owned and operated exclusively by engineers who have spent their careers in the industry. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
- Health and Dental Insurance Programs
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Company Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- Retirement Savings Account (401k)
- Flexible Spending Plan for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR