TECHNICAL PRODUCT MARKETER, CONTENT CREATOR
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a TECHNICAL PRODUCT MARKTER, CONTENT CREATOR at a prominent Fintech – Market Data Platform organization. They are flexible as to location providing the following location alternatives, Remote / New York/ Boston / Salt Lake City / San Francisco – supporting both full remote and on-site work environment.
They are building the next generation data platform to power the world’s largest institutions – starting with the radical idea that you should only pay for market data on a metered, pay-as-you-go basis.
Data is one of the fastest growing segments within fintech, but the incumbent financial data providers are still stuck in the past, with cumbersome onboarding processes, APIs that are difficult to integrate, slow infrastructure, and expensive licensing costs.
You’ll oversee the company’s technical marketing strategy. This includes the following.
- Ideate and write technical content on the topic of market data for our blog, email newsletter, and social media – to an audience of mainly traders and developers.
- Get to know our customers and industry, with the goal of creating compelling content for our user base and community.
- Execute various inbound and outbound marketing strategies and growth hacks.
- Create and track relevant metrics to determine the return on investment of various growth and marketing channels.
- Determine the direction of the company’s marketing plan, including high-level decisions regarding agencies.
- Analyze sales numbers in comparison to the marketing budget.
- Research competitors and their marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with executives to make decisions regarding the budget, branding, and direction of the company.
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image.
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
The ideal candidate can communicate with ease on various platforms (social media, blog posts, technical content, press releases, conferences, etc.). Below are other skills that we look for.
- Experience in the financial market data industry, and/or experience marketing an API product targeting developer
- Programming experience in languages/frameworks like Python, C++, and Rust.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially for LinkedIn, Twitter, and Medium.
- Knowledge of CRMs like Hubspot, as well as SEO metrics, growth metrics, and content analytics.
- Experience with PLG and inbound marketing.
- A desire to work at a fast-growing fintech startup.
An individual who loves solving deep and complex product and marketing challenges and wants to have an outsized impact with the products and services they deliver. An individual with a passion for product development and marketing, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services / technologies.
About the Client:
Our client is a fintech organization in the data environment building the next generation data platform to power the world’s largest institutions – starting with the radical idea that you should only pay for market data on a metered, pay-as-you-go basis.
Since starting in 2019, they have raised over $27.8M in funding and have over 2,000 companies signed up prelaunch. Their team brings years of experience running high-frequency trading desks and includes alumni from large firms such as Two Sigma, Google, Microsoft and Bloomberg.
They provide full health and dental benefits, 401(k) matching, visa sponsorships and support both full remote and on-site work.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join a Data Platform Fintech organization on the leading edge. The management team needs an individual of the highest professional caliber who is a “Hands-On” leader, problem solver, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients.
J Harlan Group