Sosemo Health is one of the largest pharma-focused performance media groups in the world. We’re dedicated to marketing health brands to patients and doctors. We view marketing as a service that connects patients with information about their treatments and makes them better communicators with their doctors and doctors.
We are seeking a talented Technical SEO Manager with prior experience as a developer to join our growing team. We were recently named to Inc. Magazine’s list of Best Workplaces. Therefore, this is a rare opportunity to join a stellar team.
Sosemo is an award-winning digital marketing agency that specializes in search marketing (SEO/SEM), paid social, and media buying. The ideal candidate will possess the technical, communication and project management skills needed to interface with both the marketing and web development teams on integrated web projects with clients and partners.
The Technical SEO will function as a liaison between the technical, marketing, and SEO teams. This person must have prior experience as a developer and be able to effectively recommend and communicate SEO best practices and work-around solutions for search accessibility.
Along with a competitive salary (salary range: $76,500 – $97,500), yearly bonus, and benefits, we also offer opportunities for our employees to earn a significant amount of additional compensation by working overtime and earning reward points.
Our office is located at 26 Broadway. In addition to working with a stellar team, our office has beautiful common areas, weekly yoga/meditation classes, and free snacks and coffee. Please note: our office is following all CDC and state guidelines. ***Fully remote employees located outside New York City will also be considered and are encouraged to apply***
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Client stakeholders to drive organic search visibility, traffic and conversion goals per their respective strategic initiatives
- Develop and implement technical SEO best practices, guiding Client and Partner development teams to be proactive in site development and post-launch optimizations
- Lead SEO technical audits to identify new opportunities to unlock organic search potential and drive broader search strategy
- Establish scalable processes and frequency for technical site audits
- Work closely with Clients & Partners to QA that SEO recommendations are properly implemented
- Develop regular reporting and insights while partnering with other channel leads to drive holistic strategy
- Analyze keyword research to synthesize strategic insights and opportunity to drive visibility and new content creation
- Monitor search engine algorithm updates, and evolve technical best practices accordingly to support Mobile First Indexing (MFI) optimizations
- Leverage SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Semrush, Screaming Frog, Google Lighthouse etc. to measure, report and identify optimizations on a regular basis
- Champion organic search industry updates and communication within the agency and Client portfolio
- Identify new opportunities to create service offerings for the SEO capability
- A passion for digital marketing and a 4-year college degree in marketing, information systems, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years working experience in an SEO role
- Must have Big Agency working experience or Enterprise Client-Side experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork and team-building skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to synthesize insights from data to drive decision making
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO
- Proficient understanding of media channels and how they work together holistically with SEO
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, any proficiency with other popular front-end programming languages is a plus
- Experience developing structured data markup
- Experience producing technical SEO deliverables and interfacing with DevEng teams
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Google Tag Manager (GTM) or similar
- Strong understanding of Content Management Platforms (CMS) such as WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, Wix, Magento etc.
- Proficient with MS Excel & Power Point
- Prior experience with Healthcare marketing a plus
Note: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Performs other duties (or functions) as assigned.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines