Career Area: Engineering
If you like being on the leading edge of product development and improvement, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Structural Validation Team in our Earthmoving Division as a Structural Validation Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the validation of structures by deploying Wireless Fatigue Nodes (WFN) on field follow machines to estimate fatigue life and by executing On Machine Stress Analysis (OMSA) tests at the Peoria Proving Grounds. This is a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your unique combination of test, data analysis, and project management skills! Further you will have the opportunity to interface with the product design and simulation groups and the machine development engineers, mechanics, and instrumentation teams at the Peoria Proving Grounds and, occasionally, travel to customer job sites to deploy Wireless Fatigue Nodes.
Specifically, as the Structural Validation Engineer, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product design, simulation, and machine development engineers to plan WFN and OMSA tests.
- Interface with mechanics, instrumentation technicians, and operators to execute tests.
- Analyze and clean data and then report results to the business units in the form of technical letters and presentations.
The successful candidate must bring (Basic Qualifications) :
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering curriculum (i.e. Mechanical, Agricultural, Aerospace, Civil, or Materials) from an accredited college or university with 3 years of engineering experience.
Top candidates will also bring:
- Experience running machine tests to evaluate structural durability
- Experience in design and/or simulation of large and/or light structures
- A working knowledge of Creo, Creo Simulate, FEA software, python, or matlab
- Team lead or technical leadership experience
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Up to 20% travel to customer job sites is required
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- ISE assignments are not available for this position
- This position will be accepting applicants through 03/31/2023 at 11:59PM CST
How We Support You (Employee Benefits):
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .