Utilities Engineer – Clinton IA
The Utilities Engineer position is part of the Utilities group within the Global Utilities Center of Excellence and will be tasked within the North American geographic region. Initial assignment is planned as support for the ADM Columbus NE CoGeneration facility, however other North American regions may be considered. This Engineer will apply technical knowledge and expertise in support of boilerhouse /powerhouse systems including safe and efficient operation, repair, and capital planning for modernization and operational improvement projects. Successful candidate will have demonstrated technical knowledge of and experience operating and maintaining steam and power production infrastructure and distribution systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and support all ADM safety policies.
- Engineer and implement solutions to correct deficiencies.
- Support and drive progress on Sustainability and Strive 35 Goals.
- Perform as Utilities SME as part of a capital project development and design review team.
- Generate equipment specification.
- Research and promote new technologies that improve efficiency and increase optimization.
- Evaluate system/equipment failures and collaborate to determine root cause.
- Perform field work facilitating and directing internal company and contracted personnel.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple disciplines and various levels of management.
- Provide technical support and training to others when necessary.
- Provide update and documentation for FEL process and SOP/Guidelines.
- Will routinely work around boiler systems with high temperatures and pressures.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or commensurate operating experience.
- Strong safety knowledge and understanding of Cogen/Boiler house and utility operations.
- Ability explain and drive compliance with SOP’s and safe work practices.
- Ability to explain and drive compliance with all jurisdictional code requirements.
- Strong ability to recognize, assess, and provide opportunities for energy efficiency and optimization.
- Full understanding of water treatment, combustion, electrical generation and distribution, cooling tower and compressed air principles.
- Ability to interpret flow diagrams and P&ID.
- Experience in ADM PE, FEL, and WAVE systems preferred.
- Personally committed to working safely and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and positive interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed independent judgment and problem solving.
- Work effectively as part of team or independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks.
- Continuous process improvement mindset driving best practices and reliability.
- Task oriented and self-motivated, able to function without direct supervision.
- Tolerate extreme temperatures, walk long distances, stand, climb stairs and ladders and move through constricted spaces.
- Perform overnight travel.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.