There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Vehicle Systems Engineer – 98514
As a Vehicle Systems Engineer for Large Tractor Product Engineering Center located in Waterloo, IA, you will:
- Lead Large Tractor PDP and Model Year programs to deliver the Energy Management Emergent Property by use of the systems engineering methodology
- Allocate Tractor level Energy Management requirements down to subsystems in partnership with subsystem owners in order to create a balanced set of tractor requirements
- Ensure production tractors meet power delivery targets through performance tracking and collaboration with OFP quality team
- Create tractor energy models and support dynamic system models for use in target setting, requirement allocation and verification, and problem resolution
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of product engineering experience in the design, development, or testing of ag equipment.
- 3 or more years of experience working within design, development or test of power generation or powertrain components
- 3 or more years demonstrated ability to work cross functionally (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, product design, customer support, marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in roles that required excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with data manipulation and related software such as Matlab, Ncode, Glyphworks, VBA, Python, and PowerBI,
What Makes You Stand Out
- Systems Engineering training and experience applying principles
- Relevant product knowledge of large agricultural tractor functions, applications, and production systems
- Experience working in multiple design competencies or functional groups
- Demonstrated success leading and collaborating with diverse and remote teams
- Experience building and correlating systems performance models
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or a Science related discipline
Leadership level of position – Individual Contributor – Professional
- Driving Sustainable Results
- Operating Globally and Inclusively
- Making Sound Decisions
- Communicating with Impact
- Delivering Customer Value
- Stimulating Innovation
to reference the competencies matrix and their descriptions, be sure to note the proper leadership level. Competencies are only provided for positions that are posted internal only.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.