At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking a Water Resources Engineer to be based in Chelmsford, MA
This position is expected to begin in February 2023.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support planning, design, construction, and maintenance of storm water infrastructure and BMPs, low impact development projects, and green infrastructure practices.
- Perform field work including environmental sampling and parameter collection, storm water BMP inspection, BMP retrofit assessments and stream evaluations.
- Prepare construction documents, engineering reports, and basic data and scientific documents regarding storm water, water quality, watershed management, and best management practices.
- Support hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling, and geospatial evaluations.
- Prepare written and graphic reports.
- Builds analytic and design skills.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biological/Agricultural Engineering, or other related field
- Working knowledge of civil and environmental engineering principles with a strong background in hydrology and hydraulics, fluvial processes, construction techniques
- Working knowledge of water resources engineering tools such as ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS and other standard computer software such as Microsoft products
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Micro station
- Ability to perform complex engineering calculations as directed
- Attention to detail in work; high quality and accuracy in work performed
- Ability to write well, distill supporting information in the scientific literature, communicate technical issues to a wide range of readers
- Strong analytical and computational abilities
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and technical report writing
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively in a team environment
- Engineer-in-training certification within six months of employment
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About AECOM’s Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM’s program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
About AECOM’s Remediation, Restoration and Redevelopment Practice
AECOM delivers innovative and often complex solutions to meet our clients’ objectives. Because we address many different impacted sites – from munitions to PFAS to algae blooms and beyond – every project in our global practice is different. That’s exciting, especially because our worldwide internal technical practice network connects us in real time to explore best practices from experts near and far. We offer full life-cycle solutions for projects – from due diligence through restoration and redevelopment to outreach programs that engage stakeholders and generate goodwill in the community. Our experts integrate scientific and engineering knowledge with responsive and cost-effective project management, strong communication skills, and an understanding of regulatory strategies and challenges. AECOM has the depth and breadth of resources to address significant remedial site challenges, and we support the development of our technical staff to be their best via professional mentorship and development. AECOM provides a stringent internal project manager certificate program to help you succeed in that career path.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.