Beacon Health System
Reports to the Manager/Director, Beacon Experience and Digital Design with day-to-day activities coordinated by the Senior Web Developer. Supports all Beacon Health System hospitals and other entities, customer experience design, digital experience and integration, and customer engagement. Responsible for the development of new digital applications and integrations including mobile and web in an agile environment. Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of digital applications, SaaS software and integrations. Performs the technical analysis and design needed to ensure that programs are developed for experience and reusability along with function and efficiency. Participates in the development of solutions requiring analysis and research. Utilizes agile development techniques.
MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
- MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart.
- VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
- SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on their team.
Develops new computer programs and maintains existing programs:
- Creates computer code to satisfy user needs and testing program functions for experience, reusability, accuracy, and reliability.
- Maintenance of existing computer programs/systems with some guidance.
- Tests programs and software applications to validate they will produce the desired experience, functionality and information and that the instructions are accurate.
- Contributes to projects by performing specific tasks as assigned.
- Follows established standards, methodologies and procedures to ensure quality work product is produced.
Responsible for the technical analysis and design needed to ensure functionality and efficiency:
- Completes the analysis required to determine the most efficient program designs, algorithms, file access techniques, and output formats needed to create reusable, efficient and effective software solutions.
- Works with the digital team and IS team members to determine feasibility of technical plans.
- Contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objectives and outcome requirements with the project team and digital team members.
- Performs troubleshooting activities in order to avoid potential problems.
Associate complies with the following organizational requirements:
- Attends and participates in department meetings and is accountable for all information shared.
- Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Completes annual employee health requirements within established timeframes.
- Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing throughout fiscal year.
- Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by position/department.
- Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions, protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient and self.
- Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and compliance.
- Complies with established organization and department policies.
- Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon’s six-point Operating System, referred to as The Beacon Way:
- Leverage innovation everywhere.
- Cultivate human talent.
- Embrace performance improvement.
- Build greatness through accountability.
- Use information to improve and advance.
- Communicate clearly and continuously.
Education and Experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires the ability to navigate and work independently in an agile, dynamic, fast paced and often changing high growth environment.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of programming languages, agile programming techniques, access methods and communication systems used at Beacon Health System.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of data, data structures and data movement including APIs.
- Requires ability to comprehend and use compositional programming concepts.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Content Management System software (WordPress, Drupal, Sitecore preferred), including dedicated job responsibilities in a CMS for 1+ years.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills as reflected by the ability to build relationships and successfully interact tactfully and effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization and with external constituencies and elicit cooperation and support.
- Demonstrates the creativity and analytical ability needed to gather, analyze and interpret data and to identify and create program requirements.
- Must be detail and process oriented.
- Demonstrates good organization skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize workload, detail oriented, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic computer operations and familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be effective in an agile, fast-paced, quality focused, multi-priority environment requiring the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet objectives and deadlines.
- May experience some mental/visual fatigue due to continued use of computer equipment.
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e., to sit, stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time, lift, hold and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
Beacon Health System