The Web Developer reports to the Senior Web Developer, and is responsible for maintaining the public facing websites and Intranet of The San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans), the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain) and the San Mateo County Transportation Authority (TA).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the SamTrans, Caltrain, TA and JPA websites.
- Support District initiatives though web content implementation.
- Update and maintain the Content Management System (CMS).
- Monitor website uptime and resolve any hosting-related issues with the hosting vendor.
- Maintain user access and training for new users.
- Liaise with sister agencies to facilitate data transfer display (APIs, passenger info systems)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with the development of reports and dashboards. Assist in training users and provide technical support related to content, website design, maintenance, and data management.
- Troubleshoot web applications for usability and accessibility.
- Prepare documentation for new systems and maintain standards and metadata.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to bring projects from concept to reality.
- Troubleshoot and support of servers and applications
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming, Web Design, User Experience/User Interaction (UX/UI), Information Systems or a closely related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in web design, website content management, and document systems (ie. SharePoint, intranet systems).
- Experience with Google Analytics and the Google Suite or tools.
- Experience using web services and mapping engines such as Google Maps desirable.
San Mateo County Transit District, 1250 San Carlos Ave., San Carlos, CA 94070-1306
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Knowledge in C#, ASP.NET, Oracle Databases, SQL desirable, Drupal/Wordpress desirable. • Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
To apply, please visit the https://www.samtrans.com/jobs. Complete an online employment application by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, January 22, 2023. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308 or email written request to email@example.com.
SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply