Applicant View of Posting
Posting Number 2897P
Position Title Web Developer/Content Editor
Department City Manager
Job Code 09944
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Union Code/Affiliation Unrepresented
Division COMMUNICATIONS & CREATIVE SERVICES
Job Description Summary
Develop, write, and edit content to maintain accuracy, design, and consistency for all materials on the City’s various websites and assist in digital marketing planning and implementation.
Essential Job Functions
·Update, design, build, and maintain city’s websites on cyclical basis. Audit websites for content and consistency. Update content consistently at appropriate intervals. Consider new themes, improved efficiency, updates, information, links, accuracy, timing, and strategies.
·Work with various departments and internal customers to determine the content needed to accurately relay information and the City’s public image.
·Create and maintain a style guide for all online content to ensure consistency and city visual identity across all departments.
·Write and edit the content agreed upon based on customer requirements.
·Proofread and edit, analyze readership data, and develop content strategy.
·Establish and maintain a time frame to regularly review and update City websites for accurate, high quality and topical content, photos, graphics and forms.
Ancillary Job Functions
·Maintain internal website and create internal communication emails.
·Maintain external City websites and meet with various stakeholders to discuss web changes and digital marketing strategies.
·Assist with maintenance of COMO.gov apps.
·Respond to customer inquiries.
·Assist with press releases and marketing materials.
·Provide customer service for internal and external clients.
·Manage website visitation and remove low level content.
·Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
- Knowledge of website writing, use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation, analytics and SEO.
- Knowledge of web design principles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, Associated Press style, various communication media uses, format requirements, audiences, etc.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Office products, web editing software and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of coding principles and high level of general computer proficiency.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical documents to common language and terms.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make sound decisions.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job
- General office conditions, moderate noise.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Frequently requires talking, hearing and sitting.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement for computer work.
- Regularly requires the ability to lift up to 5 pounds.
- Must have clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some evenings and weekends may be required for special events or emergencies.
Starting Salary Min: $22.55 to Mid: $28.72 / hour
Pay Grade C6
Number of Positions Available 1
Deadline to Apply
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is open until filled with a preferred deadline for applications of 1/9/2023.
Notice to Applicants
Individuals needing accommodation to apply may call 573.874.CITY (2489)
TTY: 711 (MO RELAY)
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA IS A MERIT, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: MALE / FEMALE
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA REQUIRES PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING
The City of Columbia participates in the federal
City of Columbia