First Federal Bank exists to help people build a better financial future, and for almost a century, our team has focused on home ownership and prosperity for all. When you join the First Federal family, you’ll be supported by a diverse, talented, energetic group of individuals who strive to help you and our customers achieve financial wellness. When our employees feel valued, our customers feel valued, and our community grows. We are Better. Together.
Listen to what our employees had to say about working with First Federal Bank of Kansas City!
Our Web Developer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and improving First Federal Bank of Kansas City’s website. Security and software updates must be implemented to ensure our website is always up to date. This individual will also collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement new customer-facing processes and technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds, designs, and maintains all websites and software applications.
- Regulates exposure to business stakeholders and executive management as well as other authorities.
- Designs, writes, and edits website content.
- Understands UI, cross-browser compatibility, and general web functions and standards.
- Creates solutions for identified problems or bugs.
- Communicates with colleagues, managers, and stakeholders daily.
- Develops and validates test routines to ensure the quality of the external and internal interface.
- Plans and delivers software platforms and products across multiple organizational units.
- Designs assignments with web services like REST, SOAP, etc.
- Evaluates written code to ensure it meets industry standards and is compatible with all devices.
- Maintains a professional understanding of web development by tracking trends and participating in study groups.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership of new and different requests.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web programming, graphic design, or relevant degree
- 2+ years of experience as a web developer
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress, HubSpot, or other CMS
- Ability to write and edit technical documentation
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and other related practices
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, MPFs, and mobile devices. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bend, and walk or stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
First Federal Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected category.
A note to applicants: First Federal Bank of Kansas City is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus to protect our employees and our organization as a whole. We are hiring, but many of our internal and external job interviews are taking place through video and/or phone alternatives. If contacted for an interview, we will be happy to share more with you about the steps we are taking to limit the spread of the virus.
First Federal Bank of Kansas City