University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
$41.92-46.29 per hour
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and stage that make the university what it is.
Dornsife Technology Services (DTS) is seeking a Web Developer II to join its team. We support over 2,000 faculty, staff and students in the Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences at USC. DTS prides itself on a customer service oriented and entrepreneurial approach to technology support of teaching, research and administration.
The DTS team is comprised of highly-skilled, friendly, and approachable professionals who are dedicated to solving technology problems and offering technology solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the department web site, professional faculty websites, as well as other websites and programs within the Dornsife College as needed. Design and create websites using our customized content management system and WordPress Content Management System
- Design Mobile application templates
- Migrate legacy websites to WordPress Content Management System
- Design graphic user interface elements, such as menus, tabs and widgets in addition to navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes, and Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps that clearly illustrate how sites function and appear
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Assist user with website accessibility requirements and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Participating as a team member in the web development process
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Update website content
- Administer and maintain web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, SQL and Tableau
- Content Management System user training and other technical user training
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- Documented skills in PHP and other web application framework
- Working experience in WordPress
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Working knowledge with version control tools such as Git, Github and Gitlab
- Working knowledge with web standards
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skill
- Exposure to developing web applications for mobile devices
- Documented experience using SQL and other database management tools for use with MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server or other enterprise-level database.
- Willingness to go above and beyond helping users
- Preferred Qualification
- Exposure to ColdFusion Web framework
- Working experience with Pantheon Web Ops Platform
- Team-Oriented and self-motivated
- Disciplined programming skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Follow coding standards
University Park Campus in Los Angeles, California.
- This position is not a full remote position and will require you to report in office at main USC campus.
Hourly range: The hourly rate range for this position is $41.92 – $46.29. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Understanding of and experience with object oriented design; Web servers; Web applications and programming languages; Web content management systems, search engine optimization, and usability engineering.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at . Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$88962.htmld
University of Southern California