SMX is looking for a Web Developer to support an IT-oriented office that aims to revolutionize analysis by creating and supporting tools that enable analysts to create and publish analytic products more effectively. Our client seeks support for its jointly-developed analysis production and publication applications, which involves constant collaboration with IT partners and users of the applications to ensure the full range of user needs are captured and managed. In particular, with the following work requirements, the client seeks concept and design support for its applications and software features in order to improve customer experience and ensure development meets customer needs.
If you are dedicated to fostering a positive company culture and interested in shaping and growing our communications capabilities, SMX is an excellent place to grow your career.
- Analyze the needs of the users and formulate concept and design ideas to meet those needs.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss ongoing application updates and improvements.
- Assist the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Determine the cause of any application issue and explain the best solution to solve it, or document the issue for further research and follow up, if needed, to ensure resolution.
- Collaborate with the Sponsor and its development partners.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through timely, open and interactive communication.
- Support customer meetings to capture stakeholders’ vision for features.
- Design mockups and facilitate multi-level review.
- Coordinate feature development for the production system
Required Skills and Experience
- Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
- Onsite Mon-Fri (McLean, VA)
- Demonstrated experience managing requirements in an Agile development environment and consulting in a multi-project environment.
- Demonstrated experience rapidly prototyping application features using a variety of tools including, but not limited to: paper prototypes, storyboards, PowerPoint, HTML/CSS or an enterprise available web-based tool.
- Demonstrated experience supporting project managers and subject matter experts, planning projects, developing contingencies, and producing schedules.
- Demonstrated experience modifying and updating WordPress-based websites.
- Demonstrated experience with wireframe development.
- Demonstrated experience developing web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, and industry standards.
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s analytic workflows or experience identifying the needs of analysts at the Sponsor’s organization.
- Demonstrated experience of JIRA and Confluence project management software.
- Demonstrated experience supporting concept development.
- Demonstrated strong coordination and collaboration skills with ability to work successfully across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience advising and assisting Sponsor team members with the communication of potential feature designs to development teams and use of various web development technologies and design techniques.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of Compliance.