JOB DESCRIPTION :
As a Software Engineer within Enterprise Technology’s Custom Applications group, you will be leading development to support and migrate or rebuild approximately 25 WordPress websites (both single and multi-site). You will bring your expertise in modern programming languages, libraries, and frameworks to analyze, design, code, test, debug, and modify highly scalable software.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a Software Engineer that has experience delivering software as part of a cross functional scrum team.
It is a hybrid role with offices in Orlando, Florida, providing you the flexible scheduling to work both remotely and on-site 2-3 days per week to stay connected.
- Work closely with stakeholders, product managers, agile specialists, solutions architects, designers, test engineers, and other software engineers as part of a scrum team to scope, architect, implement, test, and deliver software solutions according to requirements/specifications.
- Execute hands-on, full-stack software development using professional, enterprise class software development tools and workflows.
- Perform peer and vendor code reviews for compliance, security, performance, and best practices.
- Triage technical issues and coordinate mitigation/remediation with impacted business and technical partners.
- Analyze/audit existing applications to identify code, platform, or capability gaps and provide recommendations to product teams.
- Create and maintain technical documentation on products, processes, features, and solutions.
- Build working relationships with technology teams across the enterprise to identify opportunities and potential impacts.
- Passionate about software quality, innovation, and iteration.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with modern web frameworks, languages, and libraries. Special focus on experience developing for WordPress using React/Angular and PHP.
- Fluency with enterprise class software development tools and workflows, including virtualization (Docker), CI/CD, version control (GitHub, GitLab) and ticketing systems (ServiceNow, Jira).
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience with RESTful web services and REST APIs.
- Experience with AWS.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders and derive technical solutions from non-technical business needs.
- Flexible, organized, and motivated to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.