Web Software Developer – Full Stack – Front/Back End
For over 100 years Castilleja’s mission has been to educate motivated young women to become confident thinkers and compassionate leaders with a sense of purpose to effect change in the world. We believe in the power of women learning and leading and are excited that you are interested in joining us. If you are driven, motivated, and eager to make a difference, we would love to meet you!
- Generous time off – we offer 22 holidays a year plus 4 weeks vacation time!
- Exceptional benefits and compensation package including a retirement plan
- Free lunch every school day
- A work environment that inspires growth and learning
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to help our IT application architecture plan, by designing, building and integrating modern web solutions for both internal and public-facing applications. Our ideal candidate will show a strong understanding of and demonstrated experience with the development of both desktop and mobile responsive web applications including the building and supporting of a relational database architecture.
The ideal candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, is self-motivated, able to adapt to a fast-paced environment and eager to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities. This is a full time on-site position (not remote).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain web and mobile applications – full stack development – both front and back end.
- Integrate commercial web applications with back-end systems (using web services, REST API to push and pull data to a backend database such as MySQL)
- Support in the migration of data from one system to another
- Build custom tools to enhance functions using RESTful API and build tools to consume commercial web applications via RESTful API.
- Collaborate with other members of the Technology Department to learn as well as take on additional tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Specific Skill Set Requirements
- Working experience with parsing complex XML and JSON datasets
- Minimum of 2 years working with RESTful API’s
- 2 to 3 years working experience in MySQL or equivalent in writing queries
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables, complex formulas)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in iOS development is helpful but not required
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of three years of prior work experience
- This person must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds as well as be able to kneel, bend, climb ladders and stand and sit for extended periods of time. This person needs the ability to walk throughout the day to various locations on campus.
The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $112,065 to $125,000.
Powered by JazzHR