Aten Design Group is seeking a skilled WordPress Developer to join our team. This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in and authorized to work in the United States.
Founded in 2000, Aten Design Group is a web strategy, design, and development company serving a broad range of clients making a positive impact around the world. We work on complex communications and data projects for organizations like Stanford University, World Wildlife Fund, Human Rights Watch, and many others. We are dedicated to creating meaningful user experiences, rooted in powerful open-source solutions, especially Drupal, WordPress, and React.
You love the web, design, and collaboration. You have significant experience working in the front end of WordPress. You understand accessibility and it plays a strong role in your work. We are a highly collaborative team and a strong understanding of internal communication and development workflows is a must.
About the Position
You will be responsible for primarily front-end development while providing back-end support, including the implementation of custom plugins and template modification. You will work closely with project managers, designers, and developers to complete assigned projects and tickets using industry best practices.
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of experience working with WordPress
- Experience working within feature branches & team based workflows
- Comfortable developing complex custom WordPress plugins while adhering to WordPress coding standards
- Strong opinion on how to start a WordPress project from scratch, the best plugins to use, etc.
- Experience with AX tools such as Gutenberg or Elementor
- Solid understanding of and commitment to web standards, including web accessibility standards
- Documented open-source contributions/examples (GitHub, Drupal.org profile, or similar)
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change with competing priorities and demands
- Ability to collaborate with team members and clients at all levels and functions
- Ability to comprehend and translate designs into effective technical approaches, whether that be utilizing an existing plugin or crafting custom code.
- Clearly articulates ideas, thoughts, and recommendations verbally and in writing
- Expert at engaging in productive feedback with others regarding implementation and potential solutions
- Ability to navigate agency and industry-standard software with ease:
- Google Docs/Google Drive
Nice to haves:
- Agency experience
- Experience as a technical lead on full-cycle projects
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects within scope and budget with a high level of client satisfaction
- Drupal experience
We think we have one of the best workplaces on the planet. Here are a few reasons why:
- Salary $80k – $110k based on location, skills, knowledge, and experience
- Generous unlimited PTO policy (that we encourage you to use!)
- Flexible working hours
- 3% matching Retirement Plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependent(s)
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular in-person company summits
Aten Design Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams are built when they are composed of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Aten Design Group