ECS is seeking a WordPress Developer to work in our Albuquerque, NM office.
ECS is looking for a WordPress Developer, providing support for a major national laboratory in Albuquerque, NM!
As a WordPress Developer, you will provide web design and development services. The candidate will consider the necessary content management and delivery vehicles needed to attain customer business goals, including web content and communication products. The Subcontractor shall consult and support all aspects of web development, such as systems analysis and design, user interface and experience design, workflow support, programming, project leadership, and product user training and support.
DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITES/TASKS INCLUDE:
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Use judgment to suggest solutions that balance customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Plan and implement automated and continuous software deployments.
- Mature and streamline DevOps pipelines, policies, and processes.
- Know the newest technologies, industry trends and standard methodologies.
- Develop new applications and improvements to meet emerging business needs.
- Extensive skills in developing web applications, including both back-end and front-end web development experience
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal
- Experience developing WordPress themes, WordPress plugins, and WordPress Gutenberg front end components
- BS/BA and 8 years of experience
- Agile (preferably Scrum) experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as PHP, C#, C++, Java along with related object-oriented development principles.
- Knowledge of configuration management practices and experience using Git branching/merging strategies within a team environment
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with DevOps pipelines, policies, and processes
- Ability to be self-directed on technical projects
- Ability to acquire and maintain a required DOE Q security clearance
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and CSS pre-processors (e.g., Sass or Less)
- Experience working in cloud-based environments such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with web-based development patterns, such as MVC, with understanding of multi-tier systems
- Experience with databases such as SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Ability to conduct methodical assessments of code designed to identify bugs and to ensure code quality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Understanding of software testing procedures and how to apply them to project work
- Ability to balance competing demands of quality, scope, and schedule and to set customer expectations accordingly.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.