We are seeking a talented WordPress developer to join our team in creating custom CMS solutions and web applications for our clients. You will build sites from concept all the way to completion, developing everything from the home page to site layout and function. This person should be able to code custom modules according to coding standards and best practices. Candidates will often be required to handle complicated backend tasks such as website migration, search customization, and web service programming.
WebEnertia is a digital agency based out of San Jose, California, that delivers highly engaging solutions for a variety of brands and organizations. Combining strategy, usability, smart creative, and technology, WebEnertia transforms business objectives into compelling digital experiences.
85% execution, 15% mentoring & leadership
- Build, extend, and deploy websites and microsites using the WordPress content management system
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of WordPress and jQuery (you’ve got to be a rock star)
- Develop back end components for web applications and CMS based websites
- Design content types, taxonomies, and other data structures based on wireframes and project requirements
- Develop new website sections and interactive features
- Produce high-quality code that works well across multiple browsers and devices
- Meet deadlines & stay on target
- Work with designers to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Conducting quality assurance and tests of code quality
- Lead technology discussions, and perform product training
- Presentable, inspiring and professional communication
- Active listening and understanding of client needs
- Setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and toolsets
- Willing to wear many hats and collaborate with non-technical types, you will often be speaking with non-technical stakeholders
- Translate complexity and bigger pictures into thoughtful solutions
- Become the champion of your projects
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Plan, coordinate, and track assigned projects
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Update your job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- 4+ Years development experience, in a fast-paced design agency, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related studies is a plus but not a requirement
- Develop page types, taxonomy language, menu systems, and other WordPress CMS data structures
- Have code samples to share from a project you’ve worked on
- Experience using Git for version control
- Familiar with Command-Line Interfaces (i.e. Bash)
- Familiar with SEO best practices (semantic markup, alt tags, meta tags)
- Familiar with Photoshop
- Ability to work with APIs (Marketo and Mailchimp)
- Able to write database queries and logic
- Experience with common CMS deployment methodologies (dev->stage->live)
- Investigates problems with community patches and updates as required
- Strong knowledge of production-ready code QA such as browser testing, validity testing, and performance testing
- A strong command of the English language, both speaking and writing
- Able to take direction, critique and brainstorming your ideas
- Calm and respectful under pressure
- Collaborative will-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Hungry to learn and grow
- Salary ($60k-90K, based on experience and knowledge)
- ‘Work from Anywhere’ flexibility
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s, 6-month and annual touchpoints with Leadership
- 50% of Medical, dental, and vision coverage from an industry-leading provider
- 401k matching opportunities
- Annual health spending account
- Competitive PTO and company holidays
- $50,000 term life insurance coverage
- Annual education allowance
- Company provided daily lunch for on-site employees
- A team of great people in a family-like atmosphere – check out what our team is saying about us on Glassdoor!
- Be Inspired
- Stay Accountable
- Exceed Expectations
- Embrace Family
- Always Collaborate
WebEnertia is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
To learn more, visit