Los Angeles, CA
Overview Of Role:
We’re a fully remote web development agency looking for a contract WordPress Front-end Engineer. This position should have an attention to detail and love to develop interactive and engaging web experiences. This person should have a keen eye for engaging animations and clean code.
At First + Third, it is our mission to outperform average agencies. We believe that when an agency only thinks about how to get a project done and not enough about the client’s goals, it becomes impossible for the project to be a success.
As an organization we are obsessed with helping our clients understand and achieve their objectives through thoughtful, well-executed web design and development.
Responsibilities: * Execute – Be able to take visual designs in sketch and written specifications and turn those into semantic html/css/js that is reusable, scalable, performant, accessible and work on all major browsers
- Components – Be able to create reusable Gutenberg blocks that allow clients and product team to enter content and customize the components.
- Reuse – Develop a reusable component/block library for WordPress that is reusable across client projects
- 2+ years of experience as a WordPress front-end developer.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility and performance.
- We expect you to know your way around git and Github
- Experience with front-end building tools (such as Webpack).
- Experience working remotely.
- Comfortable interpreting designs and/or specifications and thinking through the best approach to adapting it to code.
- A solid understanding of good UX and UI practices for websites.
- Familiarity with Sketch and Adobe XD.
- Experience with WordPress and Gutenberg with building out custom blocks.
- Experience working with component systems.
- Estimating work for a project and taking specs and turning into clearly defined, executable tasks.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with React
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Shopify
- Understanding of WCAG accessibility compliance. Ability to implement accessibility standards as well as audit existing websites.
Join Our Team!
If this sounds like it would be a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s how the process works: * Apply: Introduce yourself and let us know a little about yourself. Please include a resume and a summary of a recent project/product you built.
- We’ll Get Together: Virtually of course, we’ll set up a time to get to know each other, ask questions, and make sure we’re both a good fit for one another.
- Take a look at work: We like to get a sense of how you approach a problem so we’ll give you a quick project to complete.
- Succeed Together: We’ll get to work helping our clients reach their goals because when they succeed, we do too.
More about First + Third
First + Third is an agency deeply committed to helping leaders understand and achieve business goals through thoughtful, well executed, and expertly managed web design and development. With over 20 years of experience, we have had the privilege of working with organizations such as , Facebook, Billboard Music, Girls Who Code and The Hollywood Reporter to name a few. We are proud to be a WordPress VIP and Shopify Plus partner.
Powered by JazzHR